Monday, February 4, 2013

Faith for the course

Faith for the course. Paul several times in his writings refers to our walk in Christ as a race or competition. Now this race is not against each other, but on the contrary, it is encouraging one another to finish. For it is for a prize. A priceless crown. It is life eternal with Jesus. This week we will study about this race. We must have the right heart and mind set for this race for there are enemies ready to stop you dead in your tracks. Remember God has a great reward and he is coming soon. I Corinthians 9:24-27 NKJV Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

No comments:

Post a Comment