Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Faith in Trials

Faith in trials. Do you have faith to overcome trials and test in life. I am reminded of a story in Daniel Chap 3. Three Hebrew boys had been taken captive by King Nebuchadnezzar. They were very wise and knowledgeable. After training they were placed as rulers over Providences . The king built a false god for the people to worship . If they did not bow and worship, they were thrown into a furnace. The 3 Hebrew boys, which are now men, would not bow down and worship a false god. The King called them forth and told them he would give them another chance. They told the king they did not need time to think about their answer, but that they would not bow to any other god , but their God. They knew that God could deliver them, but if he didn't they still would not bow down to a false god. He was so upset he heated the furnace 7 times hotter and threw them in. The strongmen that threw them in were destroyed by the fire. The king looked into the furnace and seen them walking around with the Son of God. He called them to come forth and they came out without 1 hair being singed on their body. They didn't even smell like smoke. God elevated their positions. This story remind me if I will keep the faith and put God first in my decisions. If I will not bow or give in, or compromise to the things of this world my God is able to deliver me, elevate me, promote me, without compromising my faith in him. Our God is mighty to save. You never walk alone in the trials of life. Daniel 3:16-18, 25 KJV He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment